Wednesday, May 2, 2012

General Overview

I think the biggest thing I learned over the course of the class is how important texts are in the classroom.  I have always love math and thought it was interesting so I didn't need more texts to interest me or help me understand.  However, I see the need for them because the majority of students do not feel the same way as I do.  All of the other classes I had to take were pretty boring to me, but they probably wouldn't have been if I had texts that were high interest to really grasp my attention.  I plan to use every object from my text set to help students and I'm excited to look at the other text sets from my classmates and see what treasures they found.  I like the idea of using those math raps to help students understand because it puts math jargon into their own lingo.  I also like the idea of having them create a video themselves and turn these videos into a digital literacy assignment where they have to format it correctly and run it through a movie maker and finally post it on youtube.  I think students will really connect and like this assignment.  I really enjoyed this class and had fun coming up with lesson plans that I would actually use.  Most of the other education classes hasn't showed truly showed me how to create a lesson plan that applies to both math and the concept we are learning in that class, but this class did.  Thanks for a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment